You are here
Spine, Sports & Musculoskeletal Medicine
Dr. Alyson Axelrod specializes in nonsurgical management of spine and musculoskeletal disorders. For neck and back problems, she performs fluoroscopic- and ultrasound-guided injections, including epidural injections, selective nerve blocks, facet joint injections, medical branch blocks, and radiofrequency ablation. She uses ultrasound guidance for hip and back-related disorders.
She is board-certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, as well as fellowship-trained in spine, sports medicine, and musculoskeletal medicine. Dr. Axelrod holds medical licenses in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. She is an active member of several musculoskeletal and spinal intervention societies and is a coauthor of medical articles and book chapters on spinal, musculoskeletal, and rehabilitation issues.
Dr. Axelrod completed her undergraduate studies at Binghamton University, State University of New York, where she graduated with honors and obtained her bachelor’s degree in English and biology while in the university’s scholars program. She subsequently attended medical school at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. She has a strong belief in maximizing the quality of life for her patients. This led her to a top-tier residency program in physical medicine and rehabilitation at Temple University Hospital and MossRehab, where she was a chief resident. She pursued fellowship training at the University of Pennsylvania in spine, sports, and musculoskeletal medicine because of her passion for treating disorders of the spine and maximizing nonsurgical treatment for her patients.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Binghamton University, State University of New York, Binghamton, NY
- Bachelor of Arts in English: Binghamton University, State University of New York, Binghamton, NY
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: Crozer-Keystone Health System, Drexel Hill, PA
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency: Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency: MossRehab, Elkins Park, PA
- Spine, Sports, and Musculoskeletal Medicine Fellowship: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Board Certification: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member: American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Member: American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Member: American Osteopathic College of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member: American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Member: International Spine Intervention Society
- Member: North American Spine Society