Listen as Dr. Jeffrey Murray gives an in-depth explanation of the injuries that have occurred throughout the NFL as well as ...
You are here
Orthopedic Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy
A native of South Jersey, Dr. Jeffrey Murray earned his master’s degree in physical therapy from Misericordia University in Dallas, Pennsylvania. He then received his medical degree from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Murray completed his residency at Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine in Stratford, where he was named chief resident during his final year. After his residency, he completed a sports medicine and arthroscopy fellowship at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester, Massachusetts.
During his fellowship, Dr. Murray received extensive training in sports medicine injuries, arthroscopic procedures of the shoulder, knee, and hip, as well as shoulder replacement surgery. He spent time as a team physician for multiple local high schools and colleges, as well as for the Pawtucket Red Sox, the AAA affiliate of the Boston Red Sox. He has co-authored multiple book chapters and journal articles and presented research at national meetings.
With training in both physical therapy and orthopedic surgery, Dr. Murray is an expert at returning athletes of all ages to their favorite sports through surgical and nonsurgical treatments.
Education & Training
- High School: Bishop Eustace Preparatory School
- Bachelor of Science: Misericordia University, Dallas, PA
- Master of Physical Therapy: Misericordia University, Dallas, PA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Orthopedic Internship: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Stratford, NJ
- Orthopedic Residency: Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, NJ
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Fellowship: University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member: American Medical Association
- Member: American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- Member: American Osteopathic Association
- Member: Arthroscopy Association of North America