You are here
Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
Dr. Jennifer Vanderbeck is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the shoulder and elbow. She completed a fellowship in shoulder and elbow surgery at the Rothman Institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Being a New Jersey native, she completed her undergraduate training at Rutgers University in the field of biological sciences. Prior to obtaining her medical degree at Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Dr. Vanderbeck attended graduate school at Thomas Jefferson University where she received a master of science degree in biomedical chemistry. She continued her training as both a resident and fellow in orthopedic surgery at Jefferson. Dr. Vanderbeck is a member of the Alpha Omega National Medical Honor Society and has received many honors and awards during her orthopedic training. She received the Everett J. Gordon Award for outstanding clinical achievement, as well as the Mark D. Chilton Award for demonstration of an outstanding level of kindness and compassion for the patients entrusted to her care. Dr. Vanderbeck has been published in both highly respected shoulder and elbow reference textbooks and peer-reviewed journals. She has lectured on a variety of shoulder and elbow topics locally.
Her orthopedic practice is focused on the treatment of disorders of the shoulder and elbow, including arthritis, work and sports injuries, trauma, and complex fractures. She performs total and partial joint replacements for the shoulder and elbow, reconstructive procedures, and arthroscopy. Dr. Vanderbeck is married and is the mother to twins. She spends most of her free time with family and enjoys the outdoors. She is frequently seen running or hiking in the local park.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ
- Master of Science in Biomedical Chemistry: Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Medicine: Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, Philadelphia, PA
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery Fellowship: Rothman Institute and Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, Philadelphia, PA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member: Mid-Atlantic Shoulder and Elbow Society