You are here
Interventional Pain & Sports Medicine
Board-certified and fellowship-trained Dr. Malini Khanna specializes in the nonsurgical management of spine and sports injury. For neck and back injuries, she performs fluoroscopic-guided injections, epidurals, facet injections, medial branch blocks, and radiofrequency ablations. For neurological injuries, she is able to perform electromyography and nerve conduction studies.
Dr. Khanna has additional training in musculoskeletal ultrasound, which allows her to diagnose and perform precise injections to the area of injury. She has a particular interest in treating chronic tendon problems with minimally invasive techniques. In order to provide the best care possible for her patients, Dr. Khanna is also certified in medical acupuncture. She is passionate about providing nonsurgical options for her patients.
Dr. Khanna received her bachelor’s degree from The George Washington University in Washington, D.C., in biology with a secondary concentration in exercise science. She subsequently attended The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences for her medical degree. She completed her internship at St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, New Jersey. She came to Philadelphia to pursue her residency at University of Pennsylvania in the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Her fellowship was in sports medicine and interventional spine at Performance Spine and Sports Medicine.
She offers a new advanced treatment that quickly and safely removes the source of tendon pain. Based on technology developed in collaboration with the Mayo Clinic, Tenex Health TX™ is a minimally invasive treatment option for tendon and soft tissue injuries, such as tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, jumper’s knee, Achilles tendonitis, and plantar fasciitis.
South Jersey Magazine named Dr. Khanna as one of its “Top Physicians” in 2018.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and Exercise Science: The George Washington University, Washington, DC
- Doctor of Medicine: The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Washington, DC
- Internship: St. Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Interventional Pain and Sports Medicine Fellowship: Performance Spine and Sports Medicine, Lawrenceville, NJ
- Board Certification: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine Subspecialty Certificate: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation