You are here
Dr. Seth Silver is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with over 25 years of experience in orthopedics. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and a graduate of Georgetown University School of Medicine. He continued with his training in the United States Medical Corps and completed his residency at Brooke Army Medical Center in Fort Sam Houston, Texas. He is a veteran of Desert Shield and Desert Storm. After returning from the Gulf War, Dr. Silver trained orthopedic residents. He also ran a sports medicine clinic and an amputation clinic and supervised podiatrists while serving as an officer in the United States Army. He remains a member of the Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Silver sits on the board of the Medical Society of New Jersey. He has been a consultant to the NJSIAA on matters concerning the health and welfare of school-aged athletes. He is the school and team doctor for Millville High School and Cumberland County College.
Dr. Silver is involved in the treatment of a variety of orthopedic conditions and performs several orthopedic procedures, including arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery, total joint replacement of the hip and knee, and all aspects of sports medicine injuries as well as general orthopedics. In recent years, his center of emphasis has been on computer-generated custom knee replacement. Dr. Silver performs total knee replacements using ConforMIS implants, which are the only customized total knee replacement implants designed specifically for your knee.
He has been named “Top Doc” in New Jersey Monthly and New Jersey Life by his peers and was named a “Top Doctor” by Castle Connolly in 2015.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: Wilkes University, Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Doctor of Medicine: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- Transitional Internship: Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX
- Orthopedic Residency: Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member: American Medical Association
- Member: Cumberland County Medical Society
- Member: Eastern Orthopaedic Association
- Member: Committee on Medical Aspects of Sports, Medical Society of New Jersey
- Member: New Jersey Orthopedic Society
- Member: Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons