You are here
Hand & Microsurgery
Dr. Stuart Trager is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic hand surgeon who specializes in the diagnosis, care, and treatment of problems involving the hand and wrist. He participated in an accelerated bachelor of arts and doctor of medicine program at Lehigh University and the Drexel University College of Medicine, allowing him to complete his undergraduate and medical training in only six years. Dr. Trager then completed his orthopedic training at the University of Louisville in Kentucky and his fellowship training at the world-renowned Christine M. Kleinert Institute for Hand and Microsurgery in Louisville, Kentucky.
His medical interests include the treatment of nerve compressions, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, treatment of degenerative arthritis of the hand and wrist, and traumatic conditions of the upper extremity, including management of fractures and nerve or tendon injuries. In addition to treating athletes with hand and wrist injuries, Dr. Trager maintains an active practice treating occupational injuries to the upper extremity. He has published papers in national peer-reviewed journals, including The Journal of Hand Surgery and Orthopedics, and has presented at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons’ annual meeting.
Complementing his orthopedic practice, Dr. Trager enjoys participating in ultra-distance endurance competitions, including eight Ironman triathlon finishes, placing in the top ten of the UltraMan World Championship in Hawaii, and successfully completing the Furnace Creek 508-mile, 48-hour bicycle ride through Death Valley, California. Dr. Trager resides in Pennsylvania with his two daughters.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts: Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
- Doctor of Medicine: Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- General Surgery Internship: University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY
- Hand and Microsurgery Fellowship: Christine M. Kleinert Institute for Hand and Microsurgery, Louisville, KY
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery