You are here
Dr. Brian George is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in surgery of the elbow, hand, and wrist. His undergraduate training was completed at La Salle University in Philadelphia, where he earned his bachelor’s degree. He went on to receive his medical degree from Drexel University College of Medicine. He then successfully completed his internship and residency in orthopedic surgery at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia. After residency, he completed a fellowship in elbow, hand, and wrist surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital/The Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center.
Prior to joining Reconstructive Orthopedics, Dr. George spent 5 years in practice in the Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania at St. Luke’s University Hospital. Here he held the position of clinical assistant professor of orthopedic surgery and took part in the training of residents in orthopedic surgery as well as medical students, fellows, trainers, and therapists.
Dr. George specializes in conditions of the elbow, hand, forearm, and wrist. His interests include nerve compression syndromes such as carpal and cubital tunnel, arthritic conditions of the elbow, hand, and wrist, as well as traumatic fractures and injuries to the upper extremity.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: La Salle University, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Medicine: Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- General Surgery Internship: Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Hand Surgery Fellowship: Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member: American Association for Hand Surgery
- Member: American Medical Association
- Member: American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Member: Jefferson Hand Surgery Club
- Member: Pennsylvania Medical Society