You are here
Orthopedic Trauma Fellowship
Dr. Christoper Haydel is a fellowship-trained orthopedic trauma surgeon, and he is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Haydel specializes in fracture care and deformity correction, including non-union repair, complex fractures, pelvic fractures, and malunion correction.
After graduating from The University of Kansas, Dr. Haydel earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Kansas City. He went on to complete a residency in orthopedic surgery at Saint Vincent’s Medical Center and Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center in New York City. Choosing to further specialize in orthopedic trauma care, Dr. Haydel later completed a year-long intensive fellowship at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, where he gained additional experience in the latest proven treatments and protocols to provide patients with the best possible outcomes.
Dr. Haydel is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Orthopaedic Association, and he is a current member of the Foundation for Orthopedic Trauma and the Orthopaedic Trauma Association.
Dr. Haydel also serves as a faculty member of AOTrauma, and when he isn’t seeing patients, he enjoys drawing, running, weight training, cooking, and spending time with his family.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Microbiology: The University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Saint Vincent's Medical Center, New York, NY, and Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Orthopedic Trauma Fellowship: Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow: American Orthopaedic Association
- Faculty: AOTrauma
- Member: Foundation for Orthopedic Trauma
- Member: Orthopaedic Trauma Association