"Oh, hip pain. Oh arthritis, bone on bone. I met Dr. Marcelli three years ago, I was really struggling and not taking part in all aspects of my life. He discussed hip surgery however supportively discussed how my weight would add complications to the surgery. I had bariatric surgery and now, 130 pounds less, I had my hip replaced. Dr. Marcelli is amazing. He helped me make the "right" decisions about my surgical procedure and recovery. And now, I can take part in all aspects of my life, including walking around New York City with my son and going to the beach just 7 weeks after surgery. Between Dr. Marcelli's expertise and my physical therapy team, I feel like I am starting my life over at 51. I am truly grateful." – Carol J.
You are here
Dr. Enrico Marcelli is board-certified and obtained his osteopathic degree from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he also completed his internship. He completed his orthopedic residency at Kennedy Memorial Hospital in 1986 where he was chief resident. Board-certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Dr. Marcelli is an associate member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery and a fellow of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics. He is also a member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA) and has taught at the AANA Learning Center in Rosemont, Illinois. Having served on the executive board in multiple capacities, Dr. Marcelli is a past president of the American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine. Dr. Marcelli has been cited in Philadelphia Magazine as a “Top Doc” and has received recognition in multiple South Jersey publications for Top Physician. Presently, he concentrates his work on new techniques in arthroscopy, sports medicine, and total hip arthroplasty.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Saint Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Stratford, NJ
- Board-Certification: American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member: American Medical Association
- Member: American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- Member: American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine
- Member: American Osteopathic Association
- Member: Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Member: The American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine