Jeffrey Kovacs, D.O.
Dr. Jeffrey Kovacs attended the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine in Biddeford, Maine, where he received his medical degree. He completed his orthopedic internship and residency at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in Stratford, New Jersey, in 1989 and then served as a Lieutenant Commander Medical Corp in the U.S. Naval Reserves Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. Board-certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Dr. Kovacs has been an orthopedic surgeon in the Washington Township and Sewell area since 1992. Presently, he concentrates his work on fracture and trauma injuries, hip and knee replacements, and general orthopedics, including workers’ compensation injuries. Dr. Kovacs has extensive experience in treating hip fractures and is on staff at Kennedy Health System and Select Surgical Center. He was recently named UMDNJ Orthopedic Surgery Program – Teaching Attending of the Year.
Dedicated to providing exceptional orthopedic care, Dr. Kovacs is available to see patients at our office in Sewell.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Biological Sciences: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, Biddeford, ME
- Rotating Internship: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Stratford, NJ
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Stratford, NJ
- Board Certification: American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Member: American Medical Association
- Member: American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member: American Osteopathic Association
- Member: New Jersey Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons