Millions of individuals suffer from hip pain caused by osteoarthritis, a joint disease that affects cartilage, or the protective tissue at...Read More
You are here
Post-Doctoral Clinical and Adult Reconstruction & Joint Replacement
Fellowship-trained Dr. Reid graduated from Princeton University with highest honors, then pursued research in microbiology at the University of Pennsylvania, and obtained his medical education at Columbia University. He completed his residency training at the University of California Los Angeles Medical Center and Orthopaedic Hospital in Los Angeles, California, and spent an additional year as a post-doctoral research fellow supported by a grant from the UCLA Eli & Edythe Broad Center of Regenerative Medicine & Stem Cell Research. Dr. Reid completed his surgical fellowship in adult reconstruction and joint replacement at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, New York.
Dr. Reid specializes in quad-sparing total knee and partial knee replacements, computer-assisted total hip and knee replacements, and both the direct anterior approach and mini-posterior approach for total hip replacements. His expertise includes complex joint reconstruction, revision joint replacement, and fracture surgery.
He has presented original research nationally and internationally, authored several peer-reviewed publications, and has been awarded distinctions as an emerging leader award by the American Orthopaedic Association and by the Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation.
Dr. Reid joined Reconstructive Orthopedics after his fellowship, returning home to the Delaware Valley. He and his wife and two children reside in Moorestown, New Jersey.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Music Theory and Composition: Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Medicine: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY
- General Surgery Internship: University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Post-Doctoral Clinical Fellowship: UCLA Eli & Edythe Broad Center of Regenerative Medicine & Stem Cell Research, Los Angeles, CA
- Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement Fellowship: Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member: American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member: American Orthopaedic Association
- Member: AOTrauma
- Member: California Orthopaedic Association
- Member: Orthopaedic Research Society