You are here
Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
Dr. John Jennings is an orthopedic surgeon with fellowship training in surgery of the hand and upper extremity. He grew up in Allentown, Pennsylvania, and received his bachelor’s degree at The Pennsylvania State University, graduating summa cum laude with the highest distinction. He raced slalom and giant slalom for the ski team and was elected “captain” in his senior year. Following graduation, he continued research in human physiology prior to starting medical school at the Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine. In medical school, Dr. Jennings was recognized among the top in his class, receiving an Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society award as well as the John Lachman Award reserved for the top orthopedic trainee.
He remained at Temple University for his residency training in orthopedic surgery and sports medicine, where he was elected as a C. McCollister Evarts Resident Leader as well as an Emerging Leader by The American Orthopaedic Association. He published numerous papers in prestigious orthopedic journals, presented his research locally and nationally winning multiple awards, and graduated with the department’s award for excellence in surgical skills prior to beginning his hand and upper extremity fellowship at the Rothman Orthopaedic Institute.
Dr. Jennings specializes in conditions of the hand, wrist, and elbow as well as general orthopedic trauma and injuries. His interests include nerve compression syndromes, nerve and tendon injuries, arthritis of the hand and wrist, arthroscopy of the wrist and small joints, and fractures of the upper extremity. Dr. Jennings lives in Moorestown with his wife and twin boys.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate Degree: The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
- Doctor of Medicine: Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship: Rothman Orthopaedic Institute, Philadelphia, PA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Association
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand