You are here
Dr. Joseph Bernardini is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon practicing in his hometown of Vineland, New Jersey, for over 30 years. He is a graduate of St. Augustine Preparatory School and Villanova University. He received his medical degree from Rush Medical College in Chicago, Illinois, and completed his orthopedic residency at Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. Bernardini has been Director of Orthopedics at the Vineland Development Center since 1979 and serves as the Vineland High School team physician. He is well-versed in orthopedic spine surgery and was one of the first surgeons in the area with special training in kyphoplasty, a minimally invasive technique used to treat spinal compression fractures. Dr. Bernardini also has extensive experience in total joint replacement of the knee and hip. Additionally, he is also experienced in arthroscopy of the knee and shoulder, fracture management, basic hand and foot surgery, and other areas of general orthopedics. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Cumberland County Medical Society, Eastern Orthopedic Society, Medical Society of New Jersey, Orthopedic Surgeons of New Jersey, and the Philadelphia Orthopedic Society. Dr. Bernardini enjoys skiing, boating, and flying, and currently holds a private pilot’s license.
South Jersey Magazine named Dr. Joseph Bernardini as one of its “Top Physicians” in 2018.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Villanova University, Villanova, PA
- Graduate Studies: Niagara University, Niagara Falls, NY
- Graduate Studies: Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Jalisco
- Doctor of Medicine: Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member: American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Member: Cumberland County Medical Society
- Member: Medical Society of New Jersey
- Vineland High School