You are here
Orthopedic Hand Surgery
Joseph Dwyer, M.D., grew up in Medford, New Jersey, and received his bachelor’s degree from Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts. After a short career as an advertising executive, Dr. Dwyer decided to change his career path and pursue medicine. He completed a pre-medicine program and earned his medical degree at Temple University and completed his internship and orthopedic surgery residency at Temple University Health System. Dr. Dwyer completed his hand, wrist, and elbow surgery fellowship at Rothman Institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is the author of several peer-reviewed journal articles on hand and wrist surgery and has presented at multiple meetings, including the American Society for Surgery of the Hand Annual Meeting. Dr. Dwyer is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
Dr. Dwyer specializes in the treatment of nerve compression, such as carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel syndrome; management tendon pathologies, such as trigger finger and treatment of degenerative arthritis of the hand and wrist; and traumatic injuries to the upper extremity, including management of fractures and nerve or tendon injuries. During his residency at Temple University Health System, Dr. Dwyer also developed a special interest and expertise in fracture care, especially of those in the hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder, clavicle, hip, femur, tibia, and ankle.
Dr. Dwyer enjoys live music, fishing, visiting Ocean City, Philadelphia professional sports, and spending time with his family.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications: Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medicine Program: Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Medicine: Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- General Surgery Internship: Temple University Health System, Philadelphia, PA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Temple University Health System, Philadelphia, PA
- Orthopedic Hand Surgery Fellowship: Rothman Institute, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellow Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member: American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Fellow Member: Orthopaedic Trauma Association
243 Route 130, Suite 100
Bordentown, New Jersey 08505
Marlton – Elmwood Business Park
773 Route 70 East, Building E-100
Evesham Twp. / Marlton, New Jersey 08053
401 Young Avenue, Suite 245
Moorestown, New Jersey 08057