You are here
Dr. Louie Shou grew up in the Philadelphia area and received his bachelor’s degree from The Pennsylvania State University in University Park, Pennsylvania. After college, he worked as a clinical researcher in the National Cancer Institute at the National Institutes of Health. He earned his medical degree from Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine and completed his residency at Virtua Health Systems, where he was chief resident. Dr. Shou went on to complete a fellowship at the Sutter Health Palo Alto Medical Foundation, affiliated with Stanford Health, in Palo Alto, California. During this time, he continued his extensive training in foot and ankle trauma and reconstructive surgery. Additionally, he completed a European fellowship at the Schön Klinik in Munich, Germany, and the Klinik Dr. Guth in Hamburg, Germany. Dr. Shou is also involved in research and has coauthored articles in The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery.
Dr. Shou is excited to be practicing in the South Jersey community, where he received his training, and is an adjunct clinical instructor for the Virtua Podiatry residency program. He specializes in the treatment of all foot and ankle conditions through conservative and surgical approaches. His clinical interests are trauma, deformity correction, arthritic conditions of the foot and ankle, and sports injuries.
Dr. Shou enjoys playing basketball, Philadelphia professional sports, traveling, and spending time with his family.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine: Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Podiatric Surgery Residency: Virtua Health System, Voorhees, NJ
- Foot and Ankle Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship: Sutter Health Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Palo Alto, CA
- European Trauma and Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship: Schön Klinik, Munich, Germany, and Klinik Dr. Guth, Hamburg, Germany
- Board Certification: American Board of Podiatric Medicine
- Board-Qualified in Foot and Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery: American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association