You are here
Dr. Manny Porat, a native Philadelphian, graduated from Cornell University with honors prior to attending Temple University School of Medicine. He was inducted into the AOA Medical Honor Society at Temple and subsequently completed an orthopedic residency at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals. While in residency, he was selected to attend the annual AOA-OREF forum for upcoming experts in the field of orthopedic surgery. He completed a fellowship in adult reconstruction at the Rothman Institute and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. He has written several peer-reviewed journal articles on hip and knee replacement and has co-authored several book chapters.
Dr. Porat treats hip and knee pathology in adolescents and adults, including revision reconstruction, complex joint reconstruction as well as nonoperative hip and knee disorders. Dr. Porat specializes in minimally invasive total hip and knee replacements, as well as partial knee replacements.
South Jersey Magazine named Dr. Porat as a "Best Doctor" in 2015 and one of its “Top Physicians” in 2018.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Doctor of Medicine: Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, Philadelphia, PA
- Adult Reconstruction Fellowship: Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, Philadelphia, PA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member: American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons