You are here
Dr. Meenal Patil is a practicing interventional spine and pain management specialist. She is double-board-certified in anesthesiology and pain medicine and has been working in pain management exclusively since finishing her training.
Dr. Patil is originally from Cleveland, Ohio, and graduated with honors from a six-year accelerated B.S./M.D. program through The University of Akron and Northeast Ohio Medical University. She went on to pursue her anesthesiology residency and pain management fellowship at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Dr. Patil is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society and received many other awards during her anesthesia training.
Dr. Patil remained on staff for five years at Vanderbilt, where she practiced both acute and chronic pain management. She served as the associate fellowship director and rotation director for the pain management fellowship and also taught students at Vanderbilt University Medical School. Since moving to New Jersey, she has continued to work in chronic and interventional pain management.
She practices spine and pain management through a variety of techniques. She employs fluoroscopy and ultrasound to perform spine interventions, epidural steroid injections, peripheral nerve blocks, sympathetic blocks, radiofrequency denervation, and spinal cord stimulation. She has a special interest in the perioperative management of patients undergoing spine surgery. Conditions that she treats include spine and nerve pain from degenerative conditions, peripheral neuropathies, and complex regional pain syndrome.
She is an active member of several neuromuscular societies and has presented at national meetings as well as published book chapters on pain-related disorders. She lives in South Jersey with her husband and three children.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: The University of Akron, Akron, OH
- Doctor of Medicine: Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, OH
- Transitional Internship: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Anesthesiology Residency: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Pain Management Fellowship: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Board Certification: The American Board of Anesthesiology
- Pain Medicine Specialty Certification: The American Board of Anesthesiology
- Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians