Robert J. Ames, M.D.
Dr. Robert Ames is a fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon who provides care for conditions affecting the neck and back, including spinal stenosis, spinal deformity, radiculopathy, disc herniation, spondylolisthesis, and spinal tumors. His areas of expertise include artificial disc replacement, robotic and minimally invasive spine procedures, and complex spinal reconstructions and revisions.
Dr. Ames graduated magna cum laude from Rutgers University. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the Temple University/Lewis Katz School of Medicine. He then completed his orthopedic surgery internship and residency at Temple University Hospital. Dr. Ames was privileged to complete his fellowship training in spinal surgery at the internationally renowned San Diego Spine Foundation. He has authored five spinal surgery textbook chapters and numerous peer-reviewed publications.
Dr. Ames regularly volunteers his orthopedic skills to people in need in his community and around the world. He spearheaded the formation of a new spine and general orthopedic surgery outpatient clinic at Puentes De Salud, a nonprofit organization that promotes the health and wellness of Philadelphia’s rapidly growing Latino immigrant population. He also previously served as a mission volunteer and board member for the Young Friends of FOCOS (Foundation of Orthopedics and Complex Spine), which provides comprehensive orthopedic and spine care to underserved communities throughout West Africa.
A father of three, Dr. Ames enjoys spending time with his family, going to the Jersey Shore, skiing, and hiking.
Dr. Ames is a caring and thoughtful physician. He believes in taking the time to truly listen to his patients, and he is invested in building a strong foundation of mutual trust and respect between himself and his patient. He is committed to providing an in-depth explanation of his patients’ diagnoses and a thorough discussion of treatment options as well as recommendations that are tailored to each patient. While he primarily utilizes nonsurgical care, operative intervention may be recommended when nonsurgical measures are unsuccessful. Dr. Ames is available to see patients at our offices in Cherry Hill, Pitman, and Vineland.
Spine Surgery Fellowship
63 Kresson Road, Suite 103
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
614 Lambs Road, Suite C
Pitman, NJ 08071
994 West Sherman Avenue
Vineland, NJ 08360
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts: Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- Post-Baccalaureate in Pre-Medical Requisites: Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Medicine: Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Orthopedic Surgery Internship: Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Spinal Surgery Fellowship: San Diego Spine Foundation, San Diego, CA
- Inspira Medical Center Mullica Hill
- Virtua Voorhees Hospital
- Jefferson Washington Township Hospital
- American Medical Association
- North America Spine Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery