You are here
Pain Management Fellowship
Dr. Nadeem Ahsan is an interventional pain physician with specialized expertise in the implementation of evidence-based advanced modalities for treating a wide spectrum of chronic pain conditions. These conditions include axial spine pain and radicular pain, repetitive stress disorders, headaches, neuropathies, and complex regional pain syndromes (RSD). He routinely utilizes fluoroscopically-guided minimally-invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedural interventions. Dr. Ahsan has a special interest in intrathecal therapy, spinal cord stimulation, and peripheral electrical neuromodulation for the treatment of intractable pain syndromes.
He joined our practice after a 13-year stint as director of an interventional pain practice in Philadelphia. He has also served as clinical assistant professor of anesthesiology and interventional pain at Thomas Jefferson University Sidney Kimmel Medical College in Philadelphia, supervising the training of medical students, residents, and fellows.
Dr. Ahsan completed his residency training in clinical anesthesiology and fellowship training in pain management at Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia. He served as Chief Resident in his senior year and was awarded the coveted Robert Dripps Outstanding Graduate Award upon graduation. He is board-certified in both anesthesiology and interventional pain management.
Dr. Ahsan has been recognized as a Top Doctor by Philadelphia magazine and Castle Connolly, a national peer-survey organization, for the last six years consecutively, and he has also been recognized as one of the nation's top pain management physicians by U.S. News & World Report.
An avid oarsman, Dr. Ahsan has rowed at both national and international levels. His hobbies include trekking, skeet-shooting, journalism, and photography.
- Undergraduate Studies: D.J. Sindh Government Science College, Karachi, Pakistan
- Doctor of Medicine: Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi, Pakistan
- Traditional Medicine Internship: Aria - Jefferson Health Frankford, Philadelphia, PA
- Clinical Anesthesiology Residency: Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Pain Management Fellowship: Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Board Certification: American Board of Anesthesiology
- Pain Management Subspecialty Certification: American Board of Anesthesiology
- Member: North American Neuromodulation Society
- Member: Spine Intervention Society