You are here
Scott Schoifet, M.D.
Adult Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Scott Schoifet is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in joint replacement. He grew up in Highland Park, New Jersey. Dr. Schoifet obtained his bachelor’s degree at Cornell University, graduating with honors. He earned his medical degree at Columbia University and completed his surgical internship at St. Vincent's Hospital in New York City. His residency was completed at the Strong Memorial Hospital, University of Rochester, in Rochester, New York. Dr. Schoifet accomplished his fellowship in total joint replacement and adult reconstructive surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, where he was appointed as an instructor in orthopedic surgery.
He joined Reconstructive Orthopedics shortly after completion of his fellowship in 1990. He is an instructor for minimally invasive surgery quad-sparing for partial and total knee replacements, both nationally and internationally. He has lived in Medford, New Jersey, since 1992 with his wife and three children.
Dr. Schoifet’s team approach to total joint surgery has developed into one of the largest and most successful joint replacement programs in the tri-state area. Dr. Schoifet has been appointed the medical director for joint replacement services throughout the Virtua Health Systems. He is one of the leading proponents of outpatient total knee replacement in the United States and currently teaches and trains orthopedic surgeons throughout the country and abroad.
In 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015, Philadelphia Magazine named Dr. Schoifet one of the “Top Doctors” in the Philadelphia area. Dr. Schoifet was named a "Top Doc" by SJ Magazine, a "Best Doctor" by South Jersey Magazine, and a "Top Doctor" by Castle Connolly in 2015.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry: Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Doctor of Medicine: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY
- General Surgery Residency: St. Vincent's Hospital, New York, NY
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- Adult Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member: American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons
- Member: Burlington County Medical Society
- Member: Medical Society of New Jersey