You are here
Dr. Frey is fellowship-trained in sports medicine and board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He specializes in surgical and nonsurgical treatments of the hip, knee, and shoulder and is dedicated to joint preservation, attempting nonoperative treatment methods first before recommending surgical intervention. Dr. Frey utilizes ultrasound-guided injections, as well as, 'stem cell' (MSC) treatments and platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections, to help stimulate the natural healing process. When surgery is necessary, Dr. Frey specializes in arthroscopy and other minimally invasive techniques.
After earning his Bachelor of Science degree and Master of Science degree, Dr. Frey received medical training at Georgetown University School of Medicine. He completed an internship as well as an orthopedic surgery residency at Monmouth Medical Center. Following his residency, Dr. Frey elected to undergo additional training and was a sports medicine fellow at Allegheny General Hospital. He has worked with athletes of every caliber. He has proudly served as team physician for area high schools as well as the Washington Wild Things, Independent League Baseball. In addition, he provided medical coverage for the Sevens College Rugby National Championships and the Pittsburgh Pirates, Major League Baseball team.
Dr. Frey is a member of multiple medical organizations, including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, and the Arthroscopy Association of North America. He has been elected to the Council of Delegates representing the state of New Jersey for the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. He is also a reviewer for The American Journal of Sports Medicine, a respected peer-reviewed journal focused on sports medicine.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: The State University of New York at Binghamton, Vestal, NY
- Master of Science in Physiology and Biophysics: Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Doctor of Medicine: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
- Surgery Internship: Monmouth Medical Center, Monmouth, NJ
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, NJ
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine Subspecialty Certificate: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Council of Delegates, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine: New Jersey Representative
- Infection Control Committee: Inspira Medical Center Woodbury
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- Philadelphia Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- Physician Advisory Group for Information Technology (PAGIT): Inspira Health Network
- Reviewer: The American Journal of Sports Medicine
- Site Director: Inspira Orthopedic Surgery Residency