You are here
Fellowship-trained and board-certified hand and wrist surgeon Dr. Thomas Stackhouse was born in Trenton, New Jersey, and grew up in Hamilton Square. He attended the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University where he received his medical degree. He did two years of general surgical training at the University of Michigan Health System and completed his residency in orthopedics at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. After residency, he spent a year in Indianapolis at the Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center where he completed his fellowship in hand surgery and microsurgery.
Dr. Stackhouse is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and holds a subspecialty certificate for surgery of the hand.
He is qualified and interested in treating acute and chronic injuries of the hand and wrist, disorders of the peripheral nerves, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritic conditions of the hand and wrist, Dupuytren’s disease, and has a special interest in treating hand problems affecting musicians.
Dr. Stackhouse is a former guest lecturer at Stockton College and a former surveyor of the Accreditation for Ambulatory Healthcare. He sings tenor with the NJ Master Chorale and plays guitar and mandolin in the Ong’s Hat Band.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Natural Science: Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA
- Doctor of Medicine: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY
- General Surgery Internship: University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Hand Surgery Fellowship: Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center, Indianapolis, IN
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hand Subspecialty Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member: American Medical Association
- Member: American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Member: Medical Society of New Jersey
- Diplomate: National Board of Medical Examiners
Marlton – Elmwood Business Park
773 Route 70 East, Building E-100
Evesham Twp. / Marlton, New Jersey 08053
401 Young Avenue, Suite 245
Moorestown, New Jersey 08057
200 Bowman Drive, Suite 100
Voorhees, New Jersey 08043