You are here
Orthopedic Sports Medicine
Dr. Bernardini is a Fellowship Trained and Double Board Certified Specialist in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine. Dr. Brad sub-specializes in arthroscopic shoulder and knee surgery with an emphasis on minimally invasive ligament reconstruction and cartilage restoration in both adults and children. A special area of interest is motion analysis and how abnormal biomechanics lead to injury. Dr. Brad is regarded as one of the area's expert sports medicine specialists and has been voted by South Jersey Magazine as a “Readers Choice Top Doc in Sports Medicine” every year since 2013 and a "Top Physician" in 2018!
Dr. Bernardini is currently the Medical Director of Sports Medicine for the Virtua Health & Wellness Centers located in Moorestown, Voorhees, and Washington Township, as well as the Medical Director of The Total Turf Experience in Pitman. He has served as Co-Director of the Virtua Sports Medicine Program since 2010 and has been instrumental in the development of their Joint Preservation and Performance Enhancement Programs; founding the USA Triathlon Certified Performance Center at the Virtua Health & Wellness Center - Washington Township; One of only 11 in the country.
Academically, Dr. Bernardini is an Associate Clinical Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery for Rowan University School of Medicine and the Inspira Health Network Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Programs. He has been distinguished as an Associate Masters Instructor of Arthroscopic Knee and Shoulder Surgery by the Arthroscopy Association of North America since 2008, and is a published author in the American Journal of Sports Medicine. Dr. Bernardini remains an active member of the United States Ski & Snowboard Team Physician Pool Program; providing slope-side coverage on the World Cup Tour. Locally he is the Head Team Physician for Delsea Regional High School Athletics, and is affiliated with numerous regional athletic teams including the Mullica Hill Womens Triathlon Team and South Jersey Barons Soccer Club. Dr. Bernardini is also the lead team physician for the Phildelphia Soul Professional Football Team.
Athletically, Dr. Brad incorporates the unique perspective of an elite athlete when it comes to treating active patients of all levels. He is a former Division IAA Academic All-American Football Player at Bucknell University, Patriot League 60 meter dash Champion, and 2-Time Track & Field Team captain. He was voted as the “Most Outstanding Two-Sport Athlete” at Bucknell University in 1994. Currently, he maintains his passion for athletics as a competitive triathlete, USAT Age Group Nationals Qualifier, 4X Ironman finisher, and Ironman All World Athlete. He is the co-founder of the Jersey Devils Multisport Club, and has achieved distinction as a USA Triathlon Certified Level I Coach (2010-2015). He currently sees patients at the Reconstructive Orthopedics offices in Medford, Sewell, and Vineland, NJ. He has surgical privileges in the Virtua Healthcare System, Inspira Health Network, and Kennedy Health System.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Art in Sociology: Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA
- Premedical Graduate Program: Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Medicine: Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL
- Orthopedic Surgery Internship: University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine Fellowship: Taos Orthopaedic Institute & Research Foundation, Taos, NM
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certification: Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- United States Ski and Snowboard Association
- U.S.A. Triathlon
- Delsea Regional High School
- Ironman University – Certified Coach
- South Jersey Elite Barons Soccer
- Williamstown High School
- Mullica Hill Women’s Triathlon Club
- Jersey Devils Multisport
- Williamstown Badgers Triathlon Club