You are here
Board-certified and fellowship-trained spine surgeon Dr. James Sanfilippo was raised in Middletown, New Jersey. He received his bachelor’s degree from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, and went on to obtain a master’s degree in biochemistry from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Dr. Sanfilippo received his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in Newark, New Jersey. He completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. Sanfilippo chose to undergo additional training in the spine in the form of a fellowship at the Emory University Orthopaedics & Spine Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia, where he was appointed as an instructor in orthopedic surgery.
Dr. Sanfilippo has been practicing with Reconstructive Orthopedics since 2009 and is currently the chief of the spine section and the medical director of surgical services at Virtua Memorial Hospital, Mount Holly, New Jersey.
South Jersey Magazine named Dr. Sanfilippo a “Best Doctor” in 2015.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Master of Health Science: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, Philadelphia, PA
- Spine Surgery Fellowship: Emory University Orthopaedics & Spine Hospital, Atlanta, GA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member: American Medical Association
- Member: Jefferson Orthopaedic Society
- Member: North American Spine Society