You are here
Dr. John Gray is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with fellowship training in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery. He received his undergraduate degree from Cornell University and his medical degree from the State University of New York Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, where he graduated as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. Dr. Gray continued to an orthopedic surgery residency in Syracuse that was followed by a fellowship in sports medicine at the University of Tennessee where he was the orthopedic surgeon for all of the school’s athletic programs.
He joined Reconstructive Orthopedics in 1994 and has developed a practice specializing in the care of shoulder and knee problems, both conservatively and with minimally invasive techniques.
Dr. Gray was formerly the orthopedic surgeon for the Philadelphia Flyers and is currently the team physician for Rancocas Valley Regional High School and cares for many high school and college athletes in the region. Dr. Gray is the co-director of the sports medicine program at Virtua Hospital and is the medical director at Vantage Surgery Center. He is an active father of three and enjoys family time, coaching, and traveling.
South Jersey Magazine named Dr. Gray as one of its “Best Doctors” in 2015.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Doctor of Medicine: State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- General Surgery Internship: State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member: American Medical Association
- Member: Burlington County Medical Society
- Member: New Jersey Orthopedic Society
- Rancocas Valley Regional High School
- Moorestown High School